Right of Way Films has begun production on the Paramount Pictures comedy feature film "Pale Blue Dot" based on the novel "Men, Women & Children: A Novel" by Chad Kultgen. The films casting directors have sent out a casting call seeking teens to play football players and cheerleaders, as well as adults to play teachers, coaches, and referees among many other roles. The roles are fully paid and there is no previous experience working as and extra or actor required. Filming will take place in Austin, TX and will continue through February, 2014.
"Pale Blue Dot" focuses on the Truby family, who have high school students, and deals with the navigation of sexual awakenings in a digital age where the Internet has made pornography, blogs and social networking just a few clicks away. Starring is Golden Globe Award nominee Adam Sandler playing the role of Don Truby, and Golden Globe Award winner Jennifer Garner as Rachel Truby. Two-time Independent Spirit Awards nominee Rosemarie DeWitt has also joined the cast playing the role of Patricia Beltmeyer.
Four-time Academy Award nominee Jason Reitman is directing "Pale Blue Dot" from an adapted screenplay that he wrote with Independent Spirit Awards winner Erin Cressida Wilson. Reitman has directed such hit films as "Juno," "Up in the Air," and "Labor Day". Reitman will also produce with Helen Estabrook under the banner of their production company Right of Way Films. Estabrook started with Reitman as an assistant and has grown to become his creative partner. They opened the company in 2009, and signed a development partnership with Indian Paintbrush, the financing and production company headed by billionaire Steven Rales.
Paramount Pictures "Pale Blue Dot" Casting Call Details
Casting directors for the Paramount Pictures feature film "Pale Blue Dot" are seeking the following types available to work in Austin and Georgetown, Texas as fully paid general extras and possible featured background actors:
Both real people and actors with agents are welcome to submit. All positions are paid and no previous acting experience is necessary. Some of the roles include:
• Football Players – Male, ages 18 + (should pass for a high school student). Must have football experience.
• Cheerleaders – Female, ages 18 + (should pass for a high school student). Cheerleading experience a plus.
• High School Teachers – Male and Female, ages 30 +.
• Coaches – Male, ages 25 – 50. Real coaching experience a plus.
• Referees – Male, ages 25 – 50. Will play referees at a high school football game.
There are additional roles available, so all ages and types will be considered.
Submit your name, age, height, weight, location, contact information including phone number, and two recent color snapshots (one headshot and one full body shot) to the following:
Put "Pale Blue Dote Extras" in the subject line of your email.
Or mail hardcopy submission to:
78 San Marcos Street
Austin, Texas 78702
If booked, bring a copy of DL or ID and copy of SS Card or birth certificate with you to the set.
ALL talent MUST be legally eligible to work in the state of Texas and in the United States.
The Austin Actors Resource Guide eBook includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in Texas and the United States:
• Child Labor Laws in Texas
• Summary of the Texas Child Labor Law
• Texas Child Labor Law FAQ
• Texas Limitations on Employment of Child Actors
• Texas Application for Child Actor - Performer Authorization
• Texas Application Exceptions for Child Extras
• Texas Workforce Commission Teen Application for Certificate of Age
• Texas Child Labor Complaint Form
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements
• USA Immigration Work Permits and Visas
• Non-Immigrant Visa Application
In addition to the following Austin Actors Resources:
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• Austin Casting Directors List
• Austin Extras Casting Directors List
• General Talent Agent Information
• Austin Talent Agents List
• Austin Acting Coaches, Classes, and Schools List
• Austin Headshot Photographers List
• Headshot Mass Printing Photo Labs
• Actors Unions
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• Miscellaneous Austin Resources
• PDF Users Guide
The Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.
Principal Actor Casting
See the post titled Headshot and Resume Information regarding how to submit to casting directors for acting roles.
No phone calls or personal drop-offs.
Vicky Boone Casting
1901 E 51st Street
Red Building, Suite #106
Austin, TX 78723
Automatic Sweat Casting
5243 W. Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90016
I highly recommend that your 8x10 color headshot and resume along with the cover letter be sent in a 9 x 12 Clear Full Face Window Envelope with the photo visible in the window.
Click Here to purchase 9 x 12 Clear Full Face Window Envelopes.
The casting directors address should be written in all capital letters on the solid side of the envelope, with the name of the project you are submitting for written directly above the casting directors name. If the role that you are submitting for is available, it should also be written above the casting directors name.
"Role of _______"
CASTING DIRECTOR NAME
CASTING DIRECTOR ADDRESS
CASTING DIRECTOR CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE
78 San Marcos Street
Austin, Texas 78702
Do NOT send photos and resumes to the production companies, as they will most likely end up being thrown away. They do not cast the films, rather they hire casting directors who sort through the thousands of submissions.
Right of Way Productions
9028 W. Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069
5555 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Chad Kultgen (Novel)
Adam Sandler - Don Truby
Jennifer Garner - Rachel Truby
Rosemarie DeWitt - Patricia Beltmeyer
A look at the sexual frustrations that young teenagers and adults face in today's world.